Saturday, February 10, 2007

BRANDED

What is the correct word for a "group" of cowboys? A gaggle of cowboys, a murder of cowboys, a flock of cowboys? Well, as we have a large coalition of cowboys it would seem appropriate for the Cowboy Collaborative to have a brand or symbol. Like the Double R, the Circle K, and such. But this is a cruelty-free collaborative and there will be no branding of cowboys. Otherwise we will take them back- so play nice. Using some fonts in Photoshop I came up with a few but I welcome others to submit ideas too. Somethin' simple and ranchy (not raunchy)- you know, like a brand.
-vadra

1 comment:

LKB said...

I like something between #1 and #2 - I like the up and down of 1, but not the little serif at the top (or serifs at top and bottom). Maybe same configuration, but different font?

I found this cool national historic site that is a ranch, click on virtual tour (and photos) for some brands. http://www.nps.gov/grko/index.htm